B/w photo (which appears to have been cut from a magazine) of "Town Hall Ballarat East". Typed label pasted to top left corner of photo reads "Built 1861, Demolished 1948 To Be A Site Of Girl's School". Shows view to Town Hall frontage, from roadway, looking up through gardens and fence. Building behind (L.H. corner) is B. East Library. Commemorative gates to gardens are shown - lower R.H. corner. Inscription below photo reads: "Ballarat East Town Hall And Gardens, Barkly Street. The Gardens contain a fine horticultural collection well worth seeing. They are much frequented by residents and ...... Trees planted by King George V., Queen Mary, and the late Duke Of Clarence flourish therin".